Who Should Take This Course
Learning community members are program directors, administrators, managers, and supervisors from a variety of program models—including hospital and community-based services—who want to learn more about best practices for integrating peer supports into crisis services.
By taking part in this learning community, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Describe the competencies needed by peer support staff working in crisis services
- Cultivate a strong team with a shared commitment to program mission
- Establish safety protocols
- Understand the value of peer support in crisis settings and be able to communicate this value effectively to others
- Develop networks of post-crisis support for people in need
- Improve supervision strategies for crisis services
- Explore strategies for solving system-level problems
Participants will also forge supportive connections with other learning community members.
Dates: Wednesdays, September 22-November 10, 2021
Time: 2-3:30 pm ET
Practice Level: Beginner, intermediate, and expert. Small groups will be sorted based on work experiences.
Course Type: Live online weekly sessions with a plenary followed by a small discussion groups. Community members will have 1-2 hours per week of independent work including action planning, self-assessment, assigned readings, and individual meetings with faculty.
- Competencies and job descriptions of peer support providers
- Recovery-oriented crisis services
- Strategies for improving communication and cohesiveness of teams
- Policies and procedures to operationalize peer support
- Safety protocols
- Developing networks of services and supports
- Supervision of peer workers in crisis services and program/system-level problem solving
Continuing Education Credits:
- ASWB: 6.5 hours
- NAADAC: 8 hours
- NBCC: 6.5 hours
- To learn more about peer support for people experiencing crisis and this learning community, join a free event on August 18 with Cheryl Gagne.
- "Integrating and Supervising Peer Workers" video with Cheryl Gagne (4:02 minutes)
- Integrating Peer Workers at C4 Innovations
- Supervising Peer Workers at C4 Innovations
- Sign up for newsletter and training updates from C4 Innovations