Organizational Development & Strategic Planning
C4 helps health and human service organizations live their values and advance their missions. We put people first in all our work. We start with what the organization identifies as the immediate need and build a relationship of trust and partnership over time. We walk side-by-side with our clients through the change process and are committed to person-centered, recovery-oriented, and equitable approaches to community and behavioral health.
C4 works with each client to craft a customized strategy for achieving their goals and mission by:
- Gaining deep insight into where the organization is and hopes to go
- Articulating and affirming mission, vision, and values
- Identifying challenges and developing creative solutions
- Improving operational systems
- Navigating critical transitions
- Developing organizational culture, practices, and commitments
- Inspiring and supporting staff
Our team offers decades of experience engaging grassroots recovery community organizations, large multi-service provider agencies, national stakeholder coalitions, and large public systems in strategic thinking, learning, and planning – all focused on achieving full potential and fulfilling core missions. We deliver customized consulting, coaching, training, and facilitation to advance sustainable change.
We Can Help You
Depending on the needs and preferences of each organization, C4 adapts elements of these services for onsite, online, or hybrid delivery:
- Strategic Planning: Engaging organizational leaders and stakeholders in thinking strategically about where their group needs to go and how it will get there.
- Equity: Developing and implementing organizational practices to reduce racial inequities as well as structural inequities that shape our environment and alter the life chances of those we serve and employ.
- Talent Management: Creating comprehensive and far-sighted systems to identify, engage, and develop staff to meet current and anticipated needs.
- Nonprofit Governance: Applying governance best practices and principles that fit the organization’s work, culture, and current circumstances.
- Fund Development: Ensuring sustainable income through relationships created with private and public funders, corporations, and individuals.
“C4 facilitated a comprehensive and rigorous investigation that helped us identify our most critical strategic issues at an inflection point in the growth of our organization. They guided our development of a new strategic plan to resolve these issues and set goals, objectives, and action steps to implement it along with metrics to measure progress. In other words, we learned not only what we need to do going forward, but also how to do it." -Bill Greer, Board President, SMART Recovery USA
"The strength of [C4-operated] Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) has been the dissemination of innovation across jurisdictions. They brought together a group of thought leaders for strategic planning purposes which had an impact on our work. The facilitators were helpful, well-versed in the topic, and brought an outside perspective to a group that had fallen into a rut.” -C4 state partner
Larry Robertson, Senior Advisor
- SMART Recovery: Strategic Planning-A Case Study (PDF)
- Power Hour: Cultivating Next Generation Recovery Leaders—webinar recording (53:30 minutes)
- Power Hour: Roadmap to Racial Equity in Behavioral Health and Recovery Organizations—webinar recording (58:45 minutes)
- Power Hour: Put the FUN Back Into Fund Development—webinar recording (55:03 minutes)
- Power Hour: Strategies for Rapid Organizational Learning During Times of Uncertainty—webinar recording (55:03 minutes)
- Power Hour: Strategic Thinking for Navigating Change—webinar recording (55:03 minutes)
- The BRSS TACS Policy Academy: A Catalyst for Change Lessons Learned from State Teams, 2011–2018—prepared by C4 staff with funding from SAMHSA's Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) project
- Substance Use and Mental Health Recovery Supports
- Customized Support and Consulting
- Facilitating Change and Transforming Systems
- Curriculum and Toolkit Development
- Environmental Scans and Asset Mapping
- Our Services
More about our expertise and our training and technical assistance approaches and offerings.